Dreaming of retirement?
Start planning today.
Retirement isn’t what it used to be. Australians are living longer, healthier and more active lives in retirement. How will you choose how to spend your time?
What will your first day of retirement look like? Have you considered how you’ll fund the lifestyle you’re dreaming of? While you’re still working, you may have more flexibility to make changes and more opportunity to boost your retirement savings
There’s a lot to think about when planning your retirement.
For many people, their big concerns are whether they’ll be able to maintain their lifestyle, and if they’ll have enough money. But before you can answer those questions you’ll need to understand what retirement may look like for you.
- What type of lifestyle do you want in retirement?
- How will you spend your time? How will your partner spend theirs?
- Are there any ‘must haves’ on your dream list?
- When you’re not working do you expect your living costs to go up or down?
- Have you estimated how much you’ll need a week to live on?
- Be honest with your finances. Take a good look – will you have enough?
- Are there things you can be doing today that will boost your retirement savings?
- How will you manage your transition to retirement?
The sooner you start planning the better chance you have of getting the retirement lifestyle you want.
We can help you by bringing the right knowledge, expertise and guidance to identify and reach your retirement goals.
Boost your super with a Transition to Retirement strategy
At a glance
- A TTR ‘income-swap’ strategy can be an effective way to increase your super.
- This involves using your super to provide an income whilst also making extra contributions (through salary sacrificing or making personal deductible contributions) into super.
- A TTR income-swap strategy can make a significant difference to your super without reducing your after-tax income. You can use the AMP Retirement simulator to see you how long your super may last if you take advantage of this strategy. (Click on the Try a ‘Building for retirement strategy’ in ‘Expert strategies’ in the top right-hand corner of the simulator.)
- The following example shows how a transition to retirement income-swap strategy can help boost super. Keep in mind that your personal situation will be different, so you may have different results